The tournament is played in the format of Modified Scramble. Awards are determined by calculating the net scores based on pre submitted player handicaps. Format:
- Every flight plays 18 holes, in shot-gun format; i.e. your flight may not start on Hole 1. The team then selects one player’s tee shot to use on that hole.
- Once the tee shot is selected, all players should play their second shots from that spot. The chosen tee shot should be marked and each player may place their ball within 12″ of the mark.
- Each player then continues to play their own ball until the ball is holed out or picked up.
- Every team must use at least two tee shots from each player in that team.
- Maximum of Handicap Allowance – Ladies (36) / Men (24).
- The stableford scores of the best 2 players on each hole is counted towards the team score. To speed up play, all golfers should pick up on a hole after taking 8 shots on their own ball.
- Men tee off from White tee markers and women from Red tee markers.
Mulligans may not be used for course challenges: the Hole 1 – Hole in One, the Hole 13 – Longest Drive, the Hole 11 – the Beat the Pro, Hole 4 and 16 – the Nearest to the Pin.
Hole 1 – Hole in One
First tee shot counts. Cash Prize HKD500,000
Hole 13 – Longest Drive
First tee shot counts. Use the marker to indicate the position of the longest drive (ball must be on the fairway), noting your name on the placard if your drive exceeds the previous longest drive.
Hole 11 – Beat the Pro
On Hole 11, you will be able to challenge the Head Golf Professional Kingsley Long from The Clearwater Bay Golf & Country Club to a Beat the Pro challenge.
Hole 4 & 16 – Nearest to the Pin
First tee shot counts. Nearest to the Pin wins the challenge.