Position Title: Deputy Director
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Date of Posting: August 2019
Organization Information: Children’s Medical Foundation (CMF) is a Hong Kong registered nonprofit that funds sustainable programs in child health. With an extensive network of 30 hospital partners across China, treating one baby every hour, CMF expandslifesaving healthcare initiatives for newborn babies in poor, rural Asia.
Our Vision: High quality healthcare for children in Asia, regardless of where they live.
Our Mission: Children’s Medical Foundation develops and implements sustainable healthcare solutions for children in Asia with a focus on helping underprivileged children.
Job Description: Deputy Director
The Deputy Director holds a key leadership position in the organization, working closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to develop and implement core strategic initiatives for the sustainability and long-term health of the Foundation.
Areas of critical importance include fundraising, developing strategic partnership, expanding CMF’s proven programmatic model in Asia and building the Foundation’s visibility. The ultimate goal is to enhance sustainability to enable the Foundation to continued focusing on saving Asia’s youngest and poorest.
- Assume a leading role in the Foundation’s Development and Program strategy, closely managing the project pipeline and implementation plan
- Effectively manage and inspire human resources of staff, volunteers and committee members to be high performers. Lead by example and foster a culture that encourages partnership, respect and collaboration
- Forecast, monitor and administer funds of the organization according to the board approved budget, ensuring fiduciary responsibility and organizational compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations
- Persuasively articulate CMF’s story and proactively lead efforts to increase philanthropic support, community collaboration and partnerships
- Partner with the CEO and Development Team to cultivate and manage existing and prospective relationships with donors, partners and stakeholders
- Lay the foundation for impact investing by ensuring successful program design & implementation including protocols to monitor and evaluate impact
- Prepare regular (monthly/quarterly) statements of revenues and expenditures as well as comprehensive plans and updates for the Board and Committees that report on the organizations progress, internal and external trends and other issues of potential impact to CMF and its donors
- Passionate about children and helping less privileged areas of China / Asia
- University graduate with Business or MBA degree; 8 years working experience, including at least 5 years in business development, fundraising, sales, marketing or law.
- Strong grasp of accounting, finance and financial modeling to forecast and monitor organizational budget.
- Proven ability to generate and execute new fundraising initiatives
- Proven ability to organize and manage projects and events from inception to completion
- Familiarity with the Hong Kong business environment and wide network of HK-based contacts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to convincingly dialogue with corporate and individual donors via presentations and meetings
- Native fluency in English required, Cantonese and/or Mandarin beneficial
- Well-developed organizational and administrative skills, competent in Microsoft Office applications; client management software, design software a plus
- Resourceful and capable of working independently in a small office environment
Interested candidates should apply online with a cover letter, resume and expected salary or send the application to email@example.com with subject heading of "Deputy Director”.
We are an equal opportunity employer and regret we cannot respond to each application personally. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not hear from us within 6 weeks.