Marketing & Outreach Manager
Position Title: Marketing & Outreach Manager
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Date of Posting: August 2019
Organization Information: Children’s Medical Foundation (CMF) is a Hong Kong registered nonprofit that funds sustainable programs in child health. With an extensive network of 30 hospital partners across China, treating five babies every hour, CMF expandslifesaving healthcare initiatives for newborn babies in poor, rural China.
Our Vision: High quality healthcare for children in Asia, regardless of where they live.
Our Mission: Children’s Medical Foundation develops and implements sustainable healthcare solutions for children in Asia with a focus on helping underprivileged children.
Job Description: Marketing & Outreach Manager
The Manager holds a leadership position in the organization, working closely with the CEO and Development team; he/she assumes responsibility for establishing a sustainable marketing and outreach strategy, in addition to adept execution of the plan. Core initiatives should include sponsorship, events, communications and brand building components.
Areas of critical importance include fundraising, expanding the visibility of the foundation and increasing community awareness of the CMF brand. Success will greatly enhance the Foundation’s ability to make a meaningful impact on saving China’s youngest and poorest.
- Lead strategic development of the 5-Year Marketing and Outreach plan of the Foundation’s Development Strategy, with focus on the Foundation’s 25th anniversary year in 2020.
- Execute the strategy’s pipeline of marketing events, fundraising appeals and branding initiatives by leveraging your project planning, event management, communications and marketing experience.
- Manage existing initiatives such as the annual Charity Golf Day and Social Impact Fellowship to fundraise and establish Signature Events.
- Utilize communications, social media and branding expertise to build CMF’s presence and brand in HK and China.
- Forecast and manage budgets for projects under management.
- Optimize human resources by harnessing the team support of volunteers, committee members, donors, partners and staff as part of your implementation plan.
- Serve as the primary contact with designers, branding and public relations partners, etc, to produce fundraising and marketing collaterals including videos, annual reports and event collaterals.
- Effectively articulate CMF’s story and proactively lead efforts to inspire new and existing community stakeholders and networks, including the Young Ambassador Society and Junior Professionals Network.
- Be responsible for drafting and assembly of the Marketing and Outreach section of the quarterly Board Meeting.
- Passionate about children and helping less privileged areas of China / Asia
- University graduate with 5 years working experience, including at least 5 years in marketing communications or fundraising, sales, NGO, development position
- Experience working with creative partners and producers to develop powerful/emotional/persuasive content and campaigns to tell the Foundation’s story a plus
- Proven ability to generate and execute new fundraising initiatives
- Proven ability to organize and manage events from inception to completion
- Familiarity with the Hong Kong business environment and wide network of HK-based contacts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to convincingly dialogue with corporate and individual donors via presentations and meetings
- Native fluency in English required, Cantonese and/or Mandarin beneficial
- Well-developed organizational and administrative skills, competent in Microsoft Office applications; client management software, design software a plus
- Resourceful and capable of working independently in a small office environment
Interested candidates should apply online with a cover letter, resume and expected salary or send the application to email@example.com with subject heading of "Marketing & Outreach Manager”. Salary range dependent on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and regret we cannot respond to each application personally. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not hear from us within 6 weeks.