Finance & Administrative Officer for the Children’s Medical Foundation
Position Title: Finance & Administrative Officer for the Children’s Medical Foundation
Reporting To: Executive Director
Date of Posting: February 2017
Organization Information: Children’s Medical Foundation (CMF) is a Hong Kong registered charity that funds sustainable programs in child health. With an extensive network of 29 hospital partners across China, treating one baby every hour, CMF expandslifesaving healthcare initiatives for newborn babies in poor, rural China.
Our Vision: High quality healthcare for children in Asia, regardless of where they live.
Our Mission: Children’s Medical Foundation develops and implements sustainable healthcare solutions for children in Asia with a focus on helping underprivileged children.
Annual Budget: HKD4.5mn
Job Description: Finance & Administrative Officer
The Finance & Administrative Officer will work closely with the CEO, Fundraising & Development Director, Finance & Organizational Development Committee, Foundation staff, and partners to ensure proper daily administration of the organizations matters in support of the Foundation’s team and Board of Directors.
· Manage office administration, staff benefits and payroll processing
· Establish and implement financial procedures in line with organizational requirements
· Recording and reconciliation of project recoveries and income recognition
· Timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions in line with organizational and donor requirements and deadlines
· Establish and prepare accurate and timely information for budget monitoring and progress reporting of programme funds and grants; using on line banking to facilitate transactions and reporting
· Handle donations, donor records, and receipts
· Manage bookkeeping, banking, reporting, audit preparation
· Support equipment purchasing process
· Provide secretarial duties, including meeting coordination and recording minutes
· Handle Company Secretary filings
· Maintain compliance with Hong Kong Government requirements; including communications with the Inland Revenue Department and other organizations
· Assist with events and other duties as required
· Passionate about children and helping less developed areas of China / Asia
· University graduate with at least 3 years relevant experience in a finance/admin function in the field at an appropriate level
· Sound understanding and or experience of working with a NGO in a small office environment
· Attention to details and able to work independently
· Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritization and time management skills.
· Strong English verbal and written communicationskills. Cantonese or Mandarin a plus
· Competency in Microsoft Office applications and familiar with commercial banking processes and platforms
Interested candidates should apply online with a cover letter, resume and expected salary or send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading of "Finance & Administration Officer”.
We are an equal opportunity employer and regret we cannot respond to each application personally. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you do not hear from us within 4 weeks.