Finance & Development Director for the Children’s Medical Foundation
Position Title: Finance & Development Director for the Children’s Medical Foundation
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Date of Posting: February 2017
Organization Information: Children’s Medical Foundation (CMF) is a Hong Kong registered charity that funds sustainable programs in child health. With an extensive network of 29 hospital partners across China, treating one baby every hour, CMF expandslifesaving healthcare initiatives for newborn babies in poor, rural China.
Our Vision: High quality healthcare for children in Asia, regardless of where they live.
Our Mission: Children’s Medical Foundation develops and implements sustainable healthcare solutions for children in Asia with a focus on helping underprivileged children.
Annual Budget: HKD4.5mn
Fundraising and Development Director (Full-Time)
The Development Director will work closely with the CEO, Committees and the Board of Directors to ensure the successful development and execution of fundraising and brand building strategies for the long-term health and growth of the Foundation. CMF supports work-life balance and a flexible workplace.
- Generate and lead the Foundation’s resource and brand building strategy, closely managing the fundraising pipeline and implementation plan; and embed a culture of fundraising across the organization
- Work closely with CEO and key stakeholders to develop a KPI framework and reporting systems which provides basis for performance management
- Proactively source, pitch and secure funding from diverse sources to build CMF’s donor base
- Research, identify and apply to grant-making and other organizations to which the Foundation is eligible to apply
- Adeptly manage existing donors and grant-making organizations, including timely donor reporting and incorporation of social impact measures
- Cultivate relationships with donors, partners, volunteers and stakeholders
- Initiate fundraising ideas and lead committees to plan and execute fundraising events and public awareness initiatives
- Craft and execute clear communication that intertwines fundraising, program, public relations, marketing, and network building initiatives
- Passionate about children and helping less privileged areas of China / Asia
- University graduate with minimum 10 years working experience, of which at least 3 years in fundraising, development and or cause marketing in a leadership position
- Proven ability to generate and execute new fundraising initiatives
- Proven ability to organize and manage events from inception to completion
- Familiarity with the Hong Kong business environment and wide network of HK-based contacts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, from ability to convincingly dialogue with corporate and individual donors via presentations and meetings to confidently complete a Request for Proposal or Fund Application on his/her own
- Native fluency in English required, Cantonese and/or Mandarin beneficial
- Well-developed organizational and program management skills; Competent in Microsoft Office applications, client management software and design software a plus
- Resourceful and capable of working independently in a small office environment
Interested candidates should apply online with a cover letter, resume and expected salary or send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading of "Fundraising & Development Director”. Candidates with less experience will be considered for the manager role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and regret we cannot respond to each application personally. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you do not hear from us within 4 weeks.